Can I Export Events in a View to Outlook rather than entire Calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• I can connect to outlook from my Sharepoint calendar and see all items. However, when I choose a View from the View drop down and then connect to Outlook, I still get all events from the calendar, not just what my View displays.

Is there any way to connect to Outlook and only see the events in the active View?

Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Bracken,

Thank you for the clarification.  When you connect to Outlook you will see all of the list items and not a customized view. 

Then only way to accomplish what you are trying to do, have the customized view show up in MS Outlook 2007 would be with the use of either a third-party tool if there is a third-party that has developed one, or to have a developer write some custom-code.

Hopefully that helps,

Sincerely,
    Karl
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of SharePoint are you using, WSS 3.0, WSS 2.0?  What version of MS Outlook are you using, 2003, 2007?

If you are using WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 and MS Outlook 2007 when you "connect to outlook" you can open the calendar beside your regular calendar that resides on the Exchange Server.  Whatever view you select within MS Outlook 2007 , Month, Week, Day, is the view that will be displayed in Outlook for both calendars.

Hopefully that helps.

Sincerely,
    Karl
    Friday, June 12, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Hello Karl,

Thank you for the response. I am using WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007 and Outlook 2007.

Yes, the "Connect to Outlook" feature works great, but it seems to always get ALL events on the calendar. The View that I am referring to is the List Views in the View dropdown, not the Month/Week/Day view. When I choose a List View (a custom list view that restricts the calendar to 2 locations) and then choose "Connect to Outlook", I still get everything on that Calendar, not just the items restricted by my List View.

All of my research is indicating that it isn't possible without custom software... I was just hoping someone might know.

Thank you for your time!
    -Bracken Neff

Monday, June 15, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Hi Bracken,

Thank you for the clarification.  When you connect to Outlook you will see all of the list items and not a customized view. 

Then only way to accomplish what you are trying to do, have the customized view show up in MS Outlook 2007 would be with the use of either a third-party tool if there is a third-party that has developed one, or to have a developer write some custom-code.

Hopefully that helps,

Sincerely,
    Karl
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:36 PM
  • Thanks Karl!

You've been extremely helpful.

-Bracken
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:26 PM