Ubiquiti - NPS - Mac Adress Authentification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I already doing an NPS with EAP certificate based authentification with AD computer's.

That's work fine.

But now, i would add MAC address based authentification on same Wifi, for printer or non domain computer.

That's does not work ... :)

I try to add a user with the mac address as login name and same for password. But change nothing. 

I don't saw the login attempt on the NPS event logs. That's me, for me, the Connection Request Policy does not match.

I already tried to add the "User Identity Attrivute" registry key to 31. Change nothing.

I need help. :(

Best Regards

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi IT_VBO,

According to your description, you want to use NPS server to authenticate for specific MAC addresses. Then we may use the attitude in "Condition">"Calling station ID", enter the MAC address in "calling station ID".

Please check the following articles for the detailed information:

NAP Enforcement Exemption for Printers and other Network Appliances

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamdhcp/2008/06/15/nap-enforcement-exemption-for-printers-and-other-network-appliances/

Enhance your 802.1x deployment security with MAC filtering

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nap/2006/09/08/enhance-your-802-1x-deployment-security-with-mac-filtering/

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 6:53 AM
  • Hello Anne,

Sorry !  I was large amount of job.

Yes this is exactly was i would, for example a printer.

Your first link was interested. I think this is the answer i search. (having Caret and Dollar before and after the mac address).

I come soon as possible with news. (maybe next week).

Best regards

Vincent

Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Hello,

That's does not work.  No events in the eventviewer of the nps server. I think having a problem in the "Connection Request Policy"

The Wifi Connection on the Access Point was an WPA Enterprise (WPAEAP).

Best Regards

Vincent

• Edited by IT_VBO Thursday, November 3, 2016 3:12 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:53 PM