none
Password reset is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to reset my password via FIM SSPR and I was able to successfully register for a password reset but unable to reset the password, while doing it I am getting error like access denied.

Kindly assist me in this.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:41 AM

Answers

• PWUnrecoverableError:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/karchworld_identity/2012/08/02/debugging-the-fim-2010-sspr-pwunrecoverableerror-error/

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by FIMService Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rajesh.NSR Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:20 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi Dominik,

I had checked all the SSPR pre-requisites and all looks good.

Finally, I checked the FIM config file and found that the FIM sync server name was incorrect. In my environment FIM sync is in different VM and had mentioned incorrectly in the config file. I have corrected it by giving the correct FQDN and it has resolved the problem.

Hope this helps for someone.

Thanks,

Rajesh 

Rajesh Kumar NSR, FIM administrator, Wipro Technologies. India.

• Edited by Rajesh.NSR Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:19 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:18 PM

All replies

• Have you checked all permissions that you should have?

Like:

DCOM permissions, WMI permissions, permissions in AD for AD MA service account?

What is the exact error you see on FIM page? What is in Event Log?

Here are some troubleshooting tasks you may need to follow:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ms-identity-support/2013/01/18/troubleshooting-sspr-error-3000-troubleshooter/

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Hi Dominik,

Below are the errors I have received in Error log:

The description for Event ID 3 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

The web portal received a fault error from the FIM service.
    Details:
    Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Faults.ServiceFaultException: DataRequiredFaultReason
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceFactoryClient.Create(Message request)
       at Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal.Common.ResetProxy.InteractWithPasswordResetActivity(SecureString newPassword, String activityEndpoint, String workflowInstanceId, ContextualSecurityToken sessionSecurityToken)
    Web Portal: FIM Password Reset Portal

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

The description for Event ID 3 from source Application cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: ScriptManager_AsyncPostBackError ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Error while performing the password reset operation: PWUnrecoverableError
       at Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal.Reset.AttemptToResetPassword()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal.Site.ScriptManager_AsyncPostBackError(Object sender, AsyncPostBackErrorEventArgs eventArgs)
       at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnAsyncPostBackError(AsyncPostBackErrorEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.OnPageError(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

The error page was displayed to the user.
    Details:
    Title: Error
    Message: An error has occurred. Please try again, and if the problem persists, contact your help desk or system administrator. (Error 3000)
    Source: 
    Attributes: 
    Details: System.InvalidProgramException: Error while performing the password reset operation: PWUnrecoverableError
       at Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal.Reset.AttemptToResetPassword()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    CorrelationId: 
    RequestId: 
    ErrorCode: 3000
    CaughtTime: 02/03/2017 02:34:17

Web Portal: FIM Password Reset Portal

Kindly assist me,

Rajesh

• Edited by Rajesh.NSR Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:33 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:37 PM
  • PWUnrecoverableError:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/karchworld_identity/2012/08/02/debugging-the-fim-2010-sspr-pwunrecoverableerror-error/

• Proposed as answer by FIMService Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:39 AM
    Friday, February 3, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Worked in my similar case
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Hi Dominik,

I had checked all the SSPR pre-requisites and all looks good.

Finally, I checked the FIM config file and found that the FIM sync server name was incorrect. In my environment FIM sync is in different VM and had mentioned incorrectly in the config file. I have corrected it by giving the correct FQDN and it has resolved the problem.

Hope this helps for someone.

Thanks,

Rajesh 

Rajesh Kumar NSR, FIM administrator, Wipro Technologies. India.

• Edited by Rajesh.NSR Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:19 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:18 PM