HTML5 self service portal very slow to load first time after making change on system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running SCSM 2012 R2 with all the latest hotfixes. I recently noticed an issue with the self-service portal where it takes 5-6 minutes to load the first time after I make any changes on the system. For example, if I create an email notification template, edit a queue or anything else in the Library or Admin areas it seems. After that it's absolutely fine - until I make another change.

Obviously this makes working on the system during working hours a real pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried IISRESET on the web server hosting the portal but that made no difference.

Regards,

Si

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you using latest UR9 and both hotfix for HTML5 portal installed ?

Please check the performance on database machine and network path to secondary SM.

Also check the antivirus exclusions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

• It is pretty common to experience longer load times after the application pool is recycled, but 5-6 minutes is a very long time. Is your portal installed on a secondary management server? If not I suggest doing this as it will take the load of the primary management server, and prevent network issues between the portal and the SDK Service. 

Matthew Dowst | Blog | Twitter

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the portal deployed on a secondary management server. I've got a four server setup as follows:

• Management Server
    • Portal Server / Second Management Server
    • SQL DB Server
    • DW Server

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Are you using latest UR9 and both hotfix for HTML5 portal installed ?

Please check the performance on database machine and network path to secondary SM.

Also check the antivirus exclusions.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 8:51 AM