none
Unable to disable UAC on Windows 8 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I'm using Windows 8 x32.

I'm trying to disabling UAC and was not able to do it. I search on the forum and found that I can do it only by adding the EnableLUA registry key to the system. But when I do it, and restart, the key is immediatly delete.

I try to take ownership of the Policies key. It seems working but no changes to my system.

Do you have an idea of what I can do?

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:02 PM

All replies

• On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:02:18 +0000, Derick.aguey wrote:

Do you have an idea of what I can do?

If you are able to accomplish this keep in mind that none of the modern
    apps will run if UAC is disabled.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    fortune:  No such file or directory

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Hi Derick,

Could you please confirm that if you do the following, nothing helps. You can do that, and you can drag the slider down to the bottom, but once restarted, the slider takes its initial position (second from the top).

1. Press WindowsKey+W, then type disable UAC.
    2. Click Change User Account Control settings.
    3. In the User Account Control Settings window drag the vertical slider to the very bottom, next to Never notify, click OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

You still see the slider is next to Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default) after restart?

And you did change the following registry value?

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Key: EnableLUA

Value data: 0

What do you get when running:

• rsop.msc
    • gpresult/z

after applying policy setting?

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Hi all,

I know that doing so will make metro apps not working Paul. But we have some house-made apps that need access to files systems to make some dll changes.

I try all the methods including changing the registry key Exotic. When I try to change the keys, I'm able to get into registry editor but after restart of the computer, the keys are automatically deleted.

I'm doing the test on a standalone computer for the moment. I'm not using group policy cause I'm not in domain.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:44 AM