none
PWA schedule summary tasks - change to show duration in hours RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Project Online, and in PWA I need the summary tasks to show by hours - they show as days by default (even although the tasks below are in hours) and I cannot find a way to change it. If I open the schedule in Project, the summary tasks show as hours (as per my Project settings) but I also need it to do the same when viewing the schedule in PWA. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

See the following reply from Dale. There is no way to configure the work units in PWA. This is for 2010 version but as far as I know it is still applicable for 2013.

That being said, it is quite strange since the work is supposed to be displayed in hours. See what I got on my Project Online tenant, all tasks display work in hours as expected.

Can you open the Schedule, publish it, close it and open it again to see if it helps. Also can you try with another user and on another machine?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Mark Woodhouse Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

See the following reply from Dale. There is no way to configure the work units in PWA. This is for 2010 version but as far as I know it is still applicable for 2013.

That being said, it is quite strange since the work is supposed to be displayed in hours. See what I got on my Project Online tenant, all tasks display work in hours as expected.

Can you open the Schedule, publish it, close it and open it again to see if it helps. Also can you try with another user and on another machine?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Mark Woodhouse Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:25 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for this info. I didn't specify, but it's actually the duration column summary tasks that are showing in days - even although the sub-tasks are in hours, and when I open the schedule in Pro the summary tasks show in hours. I guess it's not adjustable as per the post from Dale... no worries, I'll try a calculated column as well and see if that works.

Thanks, Mark.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:03 PM