Company Hub - No installation verification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have finally managed to establish a Company Hub, but after clicking "Install" nothing happens. The phone just shows a window with the text “Press to open”. If I press it, it just requery me to install the app, and then get stuck at the same window.

For a few hours I looked through all the steps of building/signing the xap to find some kind of indication that something along the way went wrong, but all looked fine.

It turned out that the xap was indeed installed, but I discovered this only by chance. I had been using the phone for debug, so the App was already installed, so I didn’t take any notice the first time I looked in the App list. I thought maybe the “debug” version was somehow blocking the “real” installation, so I removed the App. I then tried again, but this didn’t change anything. Still got stuck on the “Press to open” window. Spend a few more hours searching for answers, but couldn’t find anything to help me.

Then I noticed that the App was in the App list, and thought “hey…I removed this App, didn’t I?”. I then verified that the App was installed as it should, but the problem was the missing indication that it was actually installed.

Is this really correct behavior, or is there something wrong here?

• Edited by vdlbor Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:18 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have an additional device/Visual Studio emulator to test enrolling and installing the Company Portal? This would isolate potential issues with app overlap on the unlocked device you're currently using.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:23 PM
  • There isn't any explicit indication that the Company Portal/hub has been installed. It will appear in your app list but that's it.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Sorry about the late response…easter is vacation time here in Denmark.

My problem is that after accepting enrollment on the phone, I (and my other tester) get a window with the text “Press to open”. When I press this, I just get redirected to enrollment again. The same happens when installing the App afterwards. When I “press to open” I just get redirected to install the App again.

Another big problem is that I can’t install an update without clearing the browsers cache. If I don’t clear the cache, it will just install the last xap, ignoring that I put a new xap file at our download site. This is a real show-stopper, since you will not notice that you didn’t install the updated App.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Yes, I got hold of an external tester. He also have the "Press to open" problem mentioned above.

Still need to test if he too has the "cache problem" when installing updates.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:36 AM
  • What MDM solution are you using?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:25 AM