I need help with Error Code0x8007045D RRS feed

• Question

• Okay here's what's going on. I'm going to replace my old hard drive pretty soon but before I do That I need to get my stuff off of the old one first. This doesn't happen with all of my files but when I try to move certain files to my flash drive I get this message: "I/O Device Error Code 0x8007045D" What can I do to fix this?
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To fix this issue clear any System Resore (and VSS) data by turning off System Restore and turning it back on.

Steps:
    1. Go to Properties on Computer.
    2. Select Advanced system settings (UAC prompt here)
    3. Select the System Protection tab
    4. Uncheck any disks listed under Automatic restore point.
    5. At the confirmation dialog, hit "Turn System Restore Off"
    6. Hit "Apply". The most recent restore point column on all disks will now indicate "None".
    7. Check any disks that were unchecked in step 4. Hit "Apply".
    8. Since you have now removed previous restore points hit "Create" so the system has at least one.
    9. Provide a name for the restore point and hit "Create". When the restore point is complete, hit "Ok"
    10. Close all dialogs and retry the backup.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:41 AM

All replies

• Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Hi,

To fix this issue clear any System Resore (and VSS) data by turning off System Restore and turning it back on.

Steps:
    1. Go to Properties on Computer.
    2. Select Advanced system settings (UAC prompt here)
    3. Select the System Protection tab
    4. Uncheck any disks listed under Automatic restore point.
    5. At the confirmation dialog, hit "Turn System Restore Off"
    6. Hit "Apply". The most recent restore point column on all disks will now indicate "None".
    7. Check any disks that were unchecked in step 4. Hit "Apply".
    8. Since you have now removed previous restore points hit "Create" so the system has at least one.
    9. Provide a name for the restore point and hit "Create". When the restore point is complete, hit "Ok"
    10. Close all dialogs and retry the backup.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:41 AM