Cannot print from ProClarity Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I cannot print a view from ProClarity Standard. If I click "Print" button a pop-up is opened but nothing else happens.

Could you help me?

Thanks and best regards.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:38 PM

Answers

• That certainly is a strange version number for a PAS 6.3 release.  You might consider going out to the download site and downloading the latest version for testing.

But, aside from the version number, are you able to export views in the Standard client to Excel?  If so, are you able to print those views after they've been exported?

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:19 PM

All replies

• HI Daniel,

What version of ProClarity Web Standard are you running?  What browser type and version are you running?  Have you disabled your pop-up blockers?

-Joey

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Does this issue occur with all views and view types?  With all users?  Are there popup blockers installed that you can disable or allow popups for the PAS site to see if that resolves the issue?  Can you tell me which version of PAS you are currently using?  The version should be located in the lower right hand corner of the client window when initially accessing the page.  Also, you can run the ProClarity Diagnostic Tool from Start, Programs, ProClarity and notice the build number beneath the Analytics Server section.

Thanks,

Bob

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Hi all!

I use ProClarity Version 6.3.133.402, Internet Explorer 6.0. There are no popup blockers installed.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

I don't believe that there was a PAS release with that version number.  It does, however, match the release of the 6.3 Desktop Professional Evaluation.  Are you sure that it is PAS that we're working with?  It may be more beneficial for you to open a case with Microsoft support in order for us to help you more directly with the issue.  Otherwise, I would recommend verifying PAS and Professional versions and let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:46 PM
  •  

Hi. Product version is correct, I'm absolutely sure (it's a copy-paste from ProClarity Standard page).

Thanks!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:35 AM
  • Alright then.  We'll go with that!  Back to the previous questions then, do all users experience the issue?  Does it happen with all views?  Any error messages in the ProClarity, System, or Application event logs? 

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Hi. All users have the same problem, and it happens in all PCs. It also happens with all views.

I cannot give you more information. Next week I'll talk to our customer and see the logs.

Any idea based upon the information I have sent you up to now?

Thanks

Friday, February 15, 2008 8:26 AM
  • That certainly is a strange version number for a PAS 6.3 release.  You might consider going out to the download site and downloading the latest version for testing.

But, aside from the version number, are you able to export views in the Standard client to Excel?  If so, are you able to print those views after they've been exported?

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:19 PM
  • Hi. I'll try with latest PAS version.

I'm able to export views to Excel and then I can print them.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 3:17 PM
  • I'm glad to hear that applying the latest hot fix has resolved so many of the issues you have been experiencing with the ProClarity Analytic Server Daniel.  Thanks for updating us!

-Bob

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Hi. There has been a misunderstanding: I can export views to Excel and I can print them, but I'm still asked for credentials. I find the same behaviour that before installing the hotfix.  :-(

It's funny that credentials are asked when I choose "Open" in the window that let me choose between opening the xls file or saving it. So, if I choose "Save" option file is saved to disk and I'm not asked for credentials.

Regards.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 8:04 AM
  • The export to Excel was offered as a workaround for the complete inability to print from Standard client.  If I'm not mistaken, the prompt when opening the Excel file has already been shown to be a result of browser configuration settings (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2863523&SiteID=17).  Correct?
    Monday, March 10, 2008 11:29 PM