none
Data missing between draft and published databases in local custom field RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2010 SP1.  I have a file that has 575 lines in it.  I have set up a local custom text field (text1) that contains a unique identifier specific to our system setup.  I recently published the file and have a situation where on 34 of the 575 the data in this text field is blank in the published version.  I have confirmed the data is in the draft/working database and have published the file repeatedly (no errors are seen in queue).  I have even changed the data and republished the data on other fields to check that it is in fact publishing the data, and still these 34 tasks are showing up blank in text1, where the data in the rest of the files is still there.  I have also tried publishing the file from different computers.  The results are all the same - the text1 field is always blank on these 34 tasks. 

Any ideas on what could be possessing these tasks and how to get rid of it?

Thanks, Sarah

Friday, August 9, 2013 6:55 PM

All replies

• Sarah --

I do not know what is causing your problem, but the way to get rid of it would be to use a custom enterprise field instead of a local field.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, August 9, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

Add a column "Publish" and check if it is set to "Yes". Only when it is set to "Yes", the information will be updated to published database.

Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:10 AM
  • Agree with Dale (as usual) - an enterprise field would do the trick.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:31 AM
  • Thanks for the idea. I wish it was that easy;  but no luck.  The publish field does say yes on these tasks. To further complicate the problem, I changed data in another text field on these same tasks and re-published the file.  The data in the other field published correctly, but the Text1 field remains blank. 

Is there something in the database sync process that would prevent the data from being published? I can't seem to find any commonalities between the tasks.  Some are complete, some in process, some in the future.  Some are resource loaded and some are not.  Some are milestones, some aren't. 

Any other ideas to look at?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:41 PM