I cannot install Flight SimulatorX into windows 10 fault 1628 on installshield wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Flight Simulator X into windows 10 but I keep getting installshield wizard stopping on fault 1628. I am running the latest edition of windows 10. Can you help
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:27 AM

All replies

• Is this one of the original disc releases? Thinking that are old now and may not work on Windows 10.

Installshield 1628 error as user put;

"I found that renaming the following folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information

to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information.old

fixed the issue for me."

So give that a try.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:15 PM
  • Hi cosalter,

Error - 1628: failed to complete installation. This error occurs when the InstallShield application is corrupted or is damaged. To resolve this problem, try the following methods in the order in which they are presented and the link below provides detailed information about it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/910816/microsoft-games-installshield-error-messages

Method 1: Rename the InstallShield folder

Method 2: Download and install the latest Windows Installer package

Method 3: Locate and then close the files

Method 4: Create a new user account

Method 5: Perform a clean startup procedure

Method 6: Download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 2, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Hi cosalter,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:39 AM