none
Requiring approval from manager of members that are added to specific group that requires it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Been battling with this case for a moment and after my hair has turned gray i decided to ask for help.

So we have very simple case where we just want to ask approval from group owner and managers of the users that is added to group. 

I have added boolean attribute to schema that I can use to identify if group requires manager approval aswell.

Based on that I have made second approval workflow that includes two approvals. 1st approval would go to manager and 2nd to group owner such like in the default owner approval workflow. But the managers are cauring the headache... I thought using [//Delta/ExplicitMember/Added/Manager] would work just fine, but it seems that it does not approve multivalued attributes. Therefore workflow wont resolve email and fails.

Is there any proper way of doing this so it works?

Big thanks in advance for all the help!

-J

• Changed type Juha__ Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:09 AM

Answers

• The simplest implementation will be to have a VerifyRequest activity and if the request contains more than one manager to be notified, reject the request asking user to resubmit with correction.
    • Marked as answer by Juha__ Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:27 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:00 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Are you talking about MIMWAL Request Approval activity? It supports multi-valued attributes. See the wiki example.

Having said that, in your use case, it will make sense if all users added to the group report to the same manager. If the managers are different, everyone will get the approval email, but any manager can approve the request for everyone added to the group. If this not really what the requirement is, the implementation can get as bad-UX  as you wish :) ...Request Splitting based on manager and denying the Original Request or denying the request altogether if more than one managers in play.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:14 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Nilesh, I actually noticed after my post that I had something else wrong with the multivalued thing, but still I face the second problem where it is required to split the requests individually per manager. Which in this case seems very complex.
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:56 AM
  • The simplest implementation will be to have a VerifyRequest activity and if the request contains more than one manager to be notified, reject the request asking user to resubmit with correction.
    • Marked as answer by Juha__ Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:27 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:00 AM
    Owner
  • It seems to be the proper way. 

Thanks,
    Juha
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:28 PM