none
Using DPM to backup both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We are starting a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013.  During the migration we will need to back up both Exchange servers.

Exchange 2007 and 2013 use different versions of ese.dll and eseutil.exe.  Documentation says the files from the newest Exchange server need to be copied to the DPM server.

I copied the files over and almost immediately the Recovery point creation failed for the Exchange 2007 server.  I haven't created the protection group yet for the 2013 server.  I tried to manually kick off a Recovery Point on a failed Storage Group and it started a synchronization and then complained that the Replica was inconsistent and started a verification.  The verification is still in progress.

Is a single DPM server capable of backing up both an Exchange 2007 and 2013 server?  Is there a trick to it?  I am having a hard time finding documentation. 

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:08 PM

All replies

• Well, after that moment of panic, I installed the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributables on the DPM server and DPM isn't complaining anymore.

If anyone has experience that says it does work, doesn't work or should work, that would be great.

Thanks again.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:19 PM