Windows 10 Family Login disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PC on which I never did create a password for the default Windows 10 Family login account. Somehow, a Microsoft account has been created with an email address that does not seem to even exist. I have tried to reboot in hopes of the Family account showing up as an option for login. It does not show up. How do get to the previous Family login which has no password?
    Monday, April 4, 2016 2:42 AM

Answers

• The problem with your answer is that the only login account which was active was the Family account. I was unable to get past the login and use the Start button.

It turns out that the child in my house had changed the login and used a non-existent email address so the password could not be retrieved.

I did not know that there is a built-in Administrator account in Windows 10. I since have learned how to activate the built-in Administrator account to gain access to windows.

I learned that when you press the shift button 5 times in the login window, you open up the CMD window. There I used the net user command(s) to activate the built-in Administrator account and change the password for it. However, when you are logged in with the built-in Administrator account, you cannot add new users through the control panel or settings method.

To add a new user(s) account , right click the Start button and go to Run. Enter 'control userpasswords2' and then add the new user account and give this account administrative privileges.

Next log out of the built-in Administrator account and login into you newly created Admin account and you can add and delete users.

• Marked as answer by MARSMYLES Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:05 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think your previous account should show this interface.

But now, you meet with this picture when login system.

This condition can be changed by this method, go to Start menu->Settings->Accounts, click this entry. Then, follow system’s guide achieve operation, you need to remember previous account’s name.

Please have a try

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MARSMYLES Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:41 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MARSMYLES Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:45 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:25 AM
  • The problem with your answer is that the only login account which was active was the Family account. I was unable to get past the login and use the Start button.

It turns out that the child in my house had changed the login and used a non-existent email address so the password could not be retrieved.

I did not know that there is a built-in Administrator account in Windows 10. I since have learned how to activate the built-in Administrator account to gain access to windows.

I learned that when you press the shift button 5 times in the login window, you open up the CMD window. There I used the net user command(s) to activate the built-in Administrator account and change the password for it. However, when you are logged in with the built-in Administrator account, you cannot add new users through the control panel or settings method.

To add a new user(s) account , right click the Start button and go to Run. Enter 'control userpasswords2' and then add the new user account and give this account administrative privileges.

Next log out of the built-in Administrator account and login into you newly created Admin account and you can add and delete users.

• Marked as answer by MARSMYLES Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:05 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 12:05 AM