Using Outlook 2010, how do I delete Email from server when I delete email from inbox? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like the ability to delete the email off the server when I delete it from Outlook 2010.

There is only the ability to delete from server when I delete the "deleted items" folder, or to delete off server after so many days. Neither are good options for me. 

I'd like to remove it off the server but leave email in my "deleted items".  This also prevents duplicate emails going to my cell phone.  

I'm new to Outlook, a Thunderbird user for years.  This is the only feature I like on Thunderbird that Outlook does not seem to support.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:06 PM

Answers

• No, Outlook doesn't have an option for that. You could try to use AutoArchive to take your Deleted Items out ofthe Deleted Items folder and move them to another pst-file.

Another way to go would be to configure your account as an IMAP account so you can delete it from the server directly or move it to another folder so that your phone won't download it (if connected via POP3).

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info
    • Proposed as answer by Evan Liu Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Evan Liu Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:30 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 8:30 AM