Low Physical Memory Problem RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has just started with a low physical memory problem. I have 4GB of ram, and if i open up one window of google chrome with 3 tabs or 3 windows with one tab my computer sends a message saying that i need to close the programs or my computer will suffer loses. This has just appeared in the last couple of days. I have ran a few computer cleaning applications, and it says there are no viruses or any problems, but the problem is still there. I am running a 64 bit OS. 
    • Edited by dcrosby26 Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:34 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:22 AM

Answers

• for absolutely confirm this issue from Chrome, try to uninstall your Chrome to check

yes, I just need information what Antivirus you are using, I don't recommended multiple antivirus, and I recommended to always update it

I suggest you contact Chrome support if uninstalling Chrome solved this issue 

try to run system file checker to isolate registry issue
    • Edited by britishdhez Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:20 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:50 AM

All replies

• try to determine if a program overuses memory

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preventing-low-memory-problems#1TC=windows-7

you can also try to do clean boot if this caused by 3rd party software running in background

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

if you have download software or multiple antivirus try to disable it to check

• Edited by britishdhez Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:33 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:33 AM
  • I have completed this. (the clean boot) But the problem is still there. I was looking at the resource monitor and chorme.exe has 10+ processes running. I have this one tab open and i am at 75% physical memory used. I have no clue what to do. 
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:06 AM
  • this only occur when you open chrome?

everything works fine before? is there any changes before this issue happen?

try to reset your chrome browser (disable add on ect) or try to use other browser to check

if you still want using chrome and issue still persist after reset chrome, I suggest reinstall your chrome

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

• Edited by britishdhez Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:13 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:12 AM
  • I have already re-installed chrome today and i just reset the settings. but everything that i had before i reset  it was already in place before this low memory problem started. 

• Edited by dcrosby26 Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:26 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:23 AM
  • did only Chrome which consume high memory when you check it at task manager?

just try use IE or Mozilla to isolate browser issue

do you remember when this PC working fine? try to do system restore

may I know your antivirus status?

check at event viewer if there is any abnormal behavior running at background

sorry for asking many question and suggested step

• Edited by britishdhez Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:34 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:33 AM
  • it's fine about the questions. and I am running IE right now and there are no problems. but as I look at the resource monitor, I end the chrome.exe processes, close out of chrome, but for some reason chrome.exe processes keep reappearing out of no where. and what do you mean my antivirus status? I have avast.
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:42 AM
  • for absolutely confirm this issue from Chrome, try to uninstall your Chrome to check

yes, I just need information what Antivirus you are using, I don't recommended multiple antivirus, and I recommended to always update it

I suggest you contact Chrome support if uninstalling Chrome solved this issue 

try to run system file checker to isolate registry issue
    • Edited by britishdhez Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:20 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:50 AM