none
Windows error message Windows cannot find C:\Users\Patricia\AppData\Local\GeniusBox\client.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I turn on my laptop I get this message:

Windows cannot find C:\Users\Patricia\AppData\Local\GeniusBox\client.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again.

Could someone please help me

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Corey Portillo,

Based on your description, I noticed the error message. It usually means that the app contains corrupt registry.

We could try to find the corrupt registry or create new user account to check the result.

In addition, Since GeniusBox is a browser extension (an add-on) claiming to enhance the Internet search experience by displaying quick search results from many websites. We could try to remove and reinstall it to check the result. Please refer to the link:

GeniusBox - how to remove Genius Box (TGF Interactive) ads from search engines? https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7227-remove-genius-box-adware

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Sounds like the remnants of some crapware/adware. You could try removing suspicious adware via Control Panel --> Programs and Features.

Or if this is a leftover from a botched adware uninstall, try opening regedit and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if it shows up there. If so, delete it.

Ha®®y

Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:16 PM

All replies

• CP

Genius Box is an addon for IE/Chrome.  Re-installing it (or better yet removing it) shold fix the issue

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Hi Corey Portillo,

Based on your description, I noticed the error message. It usually means that the app contains corrupt registry.

We could try to find the corrupt registry or create new user account to check the result.

In addition, Since GeniusBox is a browser extension (an add-on) claiming to enhance the Internet search experience by displaying quick search results from many websites. We could try to remove and reinstall it to check the result. Please refer to the link:

GeniusBox - how to remove Genius Box (TGF Interactive) ads from search engines? https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7227-remove-genius-box-adware

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Sounds like the remnants of some crapware/adware. You could try removing suspicious adware via Control Panel --> Programs and Features.

Or if this is a leftover from a botched adware uninstall, try opening regedit and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if it shows up there. If so, delete it.

Ha®®y

Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,
    Tao

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:53 AM