RDWeb Not loading under other browsers Chrome/Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm having issues with my RD setup. I don't know exactly what happen, but it broke. If I try to log in via Internet Explorer it loads properly and I can access our resources. When I try Chrome/Firefox(from multiple computers in different locations) this happens. I tried to attach screenshots, but my account has not been verified to do so. Basically the page loads almost empty without any of the fields to enter Username or Password. If I examine the source of the page this shows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../Site.xsl"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="../RenderFail.css"?>

<RDWAPage 
        helpurl="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=141038" 
        workspacename="Work&#32;Resources" 
        baseurl="https://EDITEDOUTFORSAFETY/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/"
        privacyurl=""
        >
      <RenderFailureMessage>
        <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
            <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
                <title>Error: Unable to display RD Web Access</title>
            </head>
            <body>
                <h1>Error: Unable to display RD Web Access</h1>
                <p>An unexpected error has occurred that is preventing this page from being displayed correctly.</p>
                <p>Viewing this page in Internet Explorer with the Enhanced Security Configuration enabled can cause such an error.</p>
                <p>Please try loading this page without the Enhanced Security Configuration enabled. If this error continues to be displayed, please contact your administrator.</p>
            </body>
        </html> 
      </RenderFailureMessage>
      <BodyAttr 
        onload="onLoginPageLoad(event)" 
        onunload="onPageUnload(event)"/>
      <HTMLMainContent>

<form id="FrmLogin" name="FrmLogin" action="login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2FRDWeb%2FPages%2Fen-US%2FDefault.aspx" method="post" onsubmit="return onLoginFormSubmit()">

<input type="hidden" name="WorkSpaceID" value="EDITEDOUTFORSAFETY"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="RDPCertificates" value="3C1BFF3D553CB91F896AA95498495CC52E63161E"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="PublicModeTimeout" value="20"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="PrivateModeTimeout" value="240"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="WorkspaceFriendlyName" value="Work%20Resources"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="EventLogUploadAddress" value=""/>
            <input type="hidden" name="RedirectorName" value="EDITEDOUTFORSAFETY"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="ClaimsHint" value=""/>
            <input type="hidden" name="ClaimsToken" value=""/>

<input name="isUtf8" type="hidden" value="1"/>
            <input type="hidden" name="flags" value="0"/>

<table id="tableLoginDisabled" width="300" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="display:none">

<tr id="trWrongAxVersion" style="display:none" >
                <td>
                    <table>
                    <tr>
                        <td height="20">&#160;</td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td><span class="wrng">You don't have the right version of Remote Desktop Connection to use RD Web Access.</span></td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>
                </td>

AND MORE....

Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:42 PM

All replies

• HI
    0.can you enter winver in command prompt on rds related servers and look the os version and os version number ?[for example server 2019 standard 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

1.run below command in command prompt(open as admin) on w2012r2 ,will there be any error?
    sfc scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth   
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth 

2.if we use domain admin account to logon RDweb site in chrome ,will the problem persist ?
    3.if we find a computer in workgroup to open the RDweb site in chrome,will the problem persist ?
    4.if we open the RDweb site in edge on win10,will the problem persist ?
    5.is there any proxy setting about
    Chrome/Firefox? 

6.when we open open the RDweb site in chrome and it fail,is there any more event log on other RDS related server (RDSH,RDCB,RDweb,RDgateway)?
      when your issue first happen ,is there more event log from that time on RDweb server ?

event viewer\windows logs\
    application
    security
    system
        (Rdpclient-analytic (Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientActiveXCore):)
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connections
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows – RemoteDesktopServices-****

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows –remote desktop management service
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-iis-logging
    Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-iis-configuration
    Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Gateway/Operational

7.we can use below link method to verify your technet forum account so that you can post picture and website link.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c00b9a9-3afe-4ee9-bbf0-34157716b92a/verify-my-account?forum=reportabug

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:30 AM
  • Thank you for the quick reply.

The OS version is 1607 (Build 14393.3384)

1. Tried:
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

2-5. The issue is happening internally and externally while using Chrome(or any browser that is not IE) to connect. Machines are on a different network etc. The website partially loads and I can't enter Username or Password. If I use Internet Explorer internally or externally it loads and I can log in. Waiting for account to be verified so I can upload a screenshot.

6. Interesting! Found this on the eventvwr, it happens everytime I load the website externally using Chrome:

Event code: 3005 
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 1/10/2020 2:37:44 PM 
    Event time (UTC): 1/10/2020 7:37:44 PM 
    Event ID: ad1e3615ac7a402eba79a2e10796b704 
    Event sequence: 63 
    Event occurrence: 3 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/RDWeb/Pages-1-132230791087396265 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: /RDWeb/Pages 
        Application Path: C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\Pages\ 
        Machine name: PMA-TS01 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 5756 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: IIS APPPOOL\RDWebAccess 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: NullReferenceException 
        Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.TerminalServices.Publishing.Portal.FormAuthentication.TSFormAuthTicketInfo..ctor(HttpContext objHttpContext)
       at ASP.en_us_default_aspx.<GetAppsAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.UI.PageAsyncTaskManager.<ExecuteTasksAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__554.MoveNext()

7. Waiting to get approved now.

• Edited by Eddy OC Friday, January 10, 2020 9:47 PM
    Friday, January 10, 2020 7:47 PM
  • HI

8.did you try to use latest version of chrome then check the result ?
    9.if we restart iis service on rdweb server ,will it solve your issue ?
    iisreset /noforce
    https://www.names.co.uk/support/1609-how_do_i_restart_iis_via_command_prompt.html
    11.if the problem persist ,do you have a normal server backup to restore to normal state?
    12."Interesting! Found this on the eventvwr, it happens everytime I load the website externally using Chrome:"
     for your error information ,we can post this issue in google Community.
    https://support.google.com/chrome/community?hl=en

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:14 AM