DPM 2012 BMR Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2008 R2 server running DPM 2012. I am trying to do a Bare Metal Recovery, without success of 2 Hyper-V High Availability Clusters. Both clusters consist of 2 nodes. I can do a System State backup but when I add the BMR the backup fails. I have run "wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backupTarget:<any existing drive name>:" on one of the nodes and it works. The article "Troubleshooting Data Protection Manager System State and Bare Metal Backup" gives a lot of information on what you can do if the BMR fails on the local system but nothing if it works. What else can I do to trouble shoot the problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Lane

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The first thing would be to look at the size of the successful BMR backup, then make sure the replica volume on the DPM server is large enough to hold the BMR backup.  If the space is OK, then look at the Windows backup log on the protected machine.

Windows 2008 backup logs are located in the %windir%\logs\WindowsServerBackup folder

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:19 PM