none
Surface TAB: There is a Problem with this website's security certificate.

Question

• Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to resolve problem with Security Certificate. I am trying to access a site (which normally I can access via Chrome on desktop computer) but when I try on Surface Tab, it gives me certificate error. When I press Continue, the Explorer says " This Page Can't be Displayed"

And the in the address bar it shows "res://ieframe.dll/

Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To fix this problem simply add "about:internet" to your trusted sites using the following steps

1. Click "tools" > "Internet Options" > "Security" tab
    2. Select "Trusted Sites" then "Sites"
    3. Now enter "about:internet" then click "add"
    4. click "close" then "OK"

Finished, you should now be able to access that peskly self signed SSL certificate.

If problem persists, please access to the link below for more solution about certificate error.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/About-certificate-errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Certificate-errors-frequently-asked-questions

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:36 AM
  • Your solution can not work.   Windows 8.1 will not let you enter "about:internet" as mentioned in step 4.   That step will fail.

I had this problem and found that the clock on my computer was set to 2025... making all certificate's expired.

All you do is set the clock to todays date (make sure the year is correct) and the certificates ate now valid (not expired)

Monday, January 13, 2014 6:41 AM
  • Thank!  Changing the date/time worked for me.
    Monday, September 15, 2014 2:57 AM
  • I was having this same issue and when I checked the clock it was saying 2027. As soon as I corrected it no more issues. Thanks!!!

Friday, January 29, 2016 2:31 AM
  • You are amazing!

I have tried everything, and nothing has worked.  Saw your comment and looked at my clock and calendar said 2199.  Reset and yay it works thanks

Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:57 PM