Page Numbers and Formatting Disappeared in ALL Documents RRS feed

• Question

• Today I discovered that every document I open has no page numbers, and the formatting is gone.  Also, the "page numbering" selection on the insert bar is turned off.

Monday, July 15, 2019 12:16 PM

All replies

• Activate the View tab of the ribbon.

Make sure that 'Print Layout' is selected (highlighted) in the Views group.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Monday, July 15, 2019 1:59 PM
  • Hi Lynn,

Just checking to see if the information was helpful, please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Thank you! It was on Web Layout not Print Layout, so we only have to fix the formatting with the newest documents, all others seem OK. Page numbers are back. Hooray!
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Hi Lynn,

I'm glad to see this problem has been solved.

Please mark the helpful reply as an answer. It will help others who have similar issues in this forum.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hi Lynn,

I'm checking the status of this thread. 

To help close this thread, please mark the helpful reply as an answer. It will help others who have similar issues in this forum.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Monday, July 22, 2019 1:55 AM