Autodiscover for Outlook 2016 - Works for some, not for others RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing some systems testing successful and others unsuccessful on the same network segment in our office, same Exchange server, etc. I don't understand how this is possible?  Have others by chance seen this behavior? (We have all of the patches that are security or critical applied through May 2018 as our starting point for testing.)

How I tested:

"Open Outlook - press CTRL key - right click on the Outlook icon from right bottom corner taskbar - Test Email AutoConfiguration. Put your email address - uncheck use guessmart and secure guessmart authentication - click Test to check your Autodiscover service."

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, June 4, 2018 9:02 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Friday, June 1, 2018 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I am seeing some systems testing successful and others unsuccessful on the same network segment in our office, same Exchange server, etc.

Are the successful systems always successful when testing? What if we log onto the successful system with a problematic account?

Besides, what error did you get when run Test Email AutoConfiguration? Could your provide the screenshots here? Make sure you have hidden the privacy info before uploading the images.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 6, 2018 2:02 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:58 AM