none
Search Controllers disappeared in the matching engines view + Unable to index + Admin GUI not loading anymore RRS feed

• Question

• We are running version 5.3 of FAST ESP and have 1 admin node, 2 indexer nodes and 2 query nodes. Recently we had a windows server patching activity which required a restart of servers and since then ESP is showing some discrepancies. Search is up though.

Only in one indexer node, i do not see the search controllers listed in the Matching engines view and on verifying the indexer logs i guess it to be a nameservice binding error

CRITICAL  : index_producer_1@Indexer_server_name: systemmsg: fixml_indexer_app: Unable to initialize middleware, giving up.

ERROR     : index_producer_1@Indexer_server_name: systemmsg: fixml_indexer_app: Error binding servants: Got exception during bind: nameservice is not ready<o:p></o:p>

CRITICAL  : index_producer_1@Indexer_server_name: systemmsg: fixml_indexer_app: Unable to initialize middleware, giving up.<o:p></o:p>

We did not add any columns/partitions, but not sure why this has happened all of a sudden. Is it because of the order in which the servers restarted?

The biggest impact now is the freshness of the document as we are unable to continue indexing as well as the Admin GUI is not working even after restarting the adminserver process . 

The first troubleshooting step which i have planned is to restart ESP following the sequential steps to shutdown/start ESP. It would really be helpful if someone could guide us on the troubleshooting steps to be carried out further to find the issue. 

Monday, November 14, 2016 12:27 PM