mapping a nas drive and have appear as local drive RRS feed

• Question

• i have software that will only write to a local drive, i want to map a nas drive but have i appear as a local drive.  Thanks for the help!
    Friday, March 27, 2015 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hello Steve 81,

Based on my knowledge, the NAS can’t appear as a local drive. It is by design.

If you want to use network source as local drive, as a workaround, you could use iSCSI.
    For more information about iSCSI, please refer to the following article.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-7/Connecting-Windows-7-iSCSI-SAN.html

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Steve 81 Friday, April 3, 2015 12:20 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:19 AM

All replies

• Map the share to X:

subst.exe x: \\nas\share

Remove the mapping:

subst.exe x: /d

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:06 PM
  • Hello Steve 81,

Based on my knowledge, the NAS can’t appear as a local drive. It is by design.

If you want to use network source as local drive, as a workaround, you could use iSCSI.
    For more information about iSCSI, please refer to the following article.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-7/Connecting-Windows-7-iSCSI-SAN.html

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Steve 81 Friday, April 3, 2015 12:20 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:19 AM