Reinstalling driver errors RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reinstall windows xp becuase of a computer crash, it installed just fine but when I went to install some of the drivers it's giving me an error telling me that it doesnt have enough space to install them, I have 71GB left. I'm at my wits end with this problem, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what driver package are you trying to install? Do these errors occur with every package?

If not, did you attempt to download the driver again? It might be that the downloaded package is corrupted. If ony this package fails, and redownloading does not resolve the issue, you probably better get in touch with the provider of the package. They might have previous experiences in resolving these kind of application specific issues.

If more packages fail, please post back with details on the recovery installation: did you format the drive? Which data and/or drives were retained? What hardware are you installing on? Also post the exact error message and details about example apps that do not run as planned. Thanks in advance!

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    • Edited by SenneVL Monday, November 14, 2011 10:31 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 10:30 PM