Content folder move problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,
    I am in the process of moving the content directory of our Softgrid server (v4.0) from a local share to a DFS share.  It works rather well except for some minor annoyances.  I am at the point now where I have all of the content moved and all of the apps and files type pointed to the new share, but I am still seeing traffic to the old share for ICO files.  Any ideas?  I made the registry changes, the default content directory, but what am I missing?  I've checked the Softgrid management console and database, but I can't find any references to the local share for ICO files.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:28 PM

Answers

• Maybe this.

Use the Client Management console, delete all applications, refresh.  repeat for each client.  I believe that the location of the icons are retained in the windows registry of the client.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:06 AM

All replies

• Dan,

There shouldn't be anything specific to .ico's that I can think of - did you follow the steps from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930868/en-us 

Danny

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:44 AM
  • I followed those steps and I can see users pulling content from the new location.  However, they are pulling the OSD files and  Softgrid is successfully pulling the SFT data off as well.  Really strange.  Why would it still be pulling the ICO files from the old location? 

I double checked the file type associations and all of them are pointing to the new share, so it isn't those ICO files.  I have also rebooted just in case something was "stuck."

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Dan
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:45 PM
  • Is this affecting all of the ICO files or just some specific applications?

/Kalle

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:20 AM
  • It is affecting all of the ICO files and the ICO files only.  The OSD and SFT are working from the new location as they should.

Dan
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Update:
    Now that a few days have gone by since the change to the new content location ICO files are being copied to clients from that new location, BUT they are also still coming from the old content location.  Is that because the client caches/stores some information about where the ICO files should come from and needs time to refresh?  I am hesitant to disconnect the old content location for fear of breaking something, but I guess maybe I'll wait a bit longer and see.

Dan
    Friday, February 22, 2008 4:06 PM
  • Maybe this.

Use the Client Management console, delete all applications, refresh.  repeat for each client.  I believe that the location of the icons are retained in the windows registry of the client.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:06 AM