Most calendar items missing in cached mode, fine in online mode (Office 365, Outlook 2016) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

One of ours users' Office 365 accounts seems to have a bizarre problem:

- In Outlook (2016), in cached mode, it shows perhaps 50% of his appointments for January, and that's it.  Everything else is empty

- In online mode, everything is there. His entire calendar shows his many appointments

- In OWA and on mobile devices (iPhone, iPad),all of his calendar entries are present and correct

I've tried rebuilding the offline cache and even a fresh install of Windows and Office to no avail.  Checked the sync filter settings to no avail.    Ran CalCheck to no avail.

Any ideas?  How on earth do you hunt down a corrupt mailbox entry nowadays with Office 365?

Thank you!

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi

In this situation, please switch to 'list' view for a calendar then see if all the events can be visible.
    Besides, it is suggested to create a new calendar folder in OWA, copy the problematic appointments and paste to the new folder, then restart Outlook to see whether the missing events are visible or not.

If the issue persists, please provide more details about your issue regarding following topics:
    1. Could you tell me that whether the dates of the items you missed are before or after a specific time or random?
    2. Have you ever given edit permission to another user to manage your calendar? 

Any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am wondering if the above reply is helpful.

And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:24 AM