Error On sequencing File IO Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am etting the following error when sequencing office 2007.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\Logs\filter.1.log was not found

OK

An internal Error has occured while saving the package.  The SFT file could not be saved.  PLease contact your system administrator.

OK

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

in the posts above there were severtal issues mentioned (Crashing Sequencer, Application having to be terminated) - so I kindly ask you to to open a new thread (ask a new question) with the issue you have

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, September 21, 2009 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Could you please provide some more details about what sequencer version used and details how you did the installation (or what recipe) you used.

I didn't experience any issues when sequencing office 2007.

Best regards

Reto

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:40 PM
  • I have the exact same error. I am using the RC version of the Sequencer v 4.5.0.1035 . I was trying to sequence MSWord, by using the install CD and running a custom install. (Selecting only the MS Word component)

I should also mention that I am running the Sequencer in Windows Server 2008

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Naveen
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:33 PM
  • Can any of you verify if this still happens with RTM version?

/Kalle

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:41 AM
  • Yes it is still doing it - it appears to happen because when launched during sequencing, the sequencer does not register word as having closed, hence it has to be cancelled. 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:31 PM
  • Have you de-selected "alternate input method" or whatever it is called in the Office, that components launches ctfmon.exe process that stays behind even if the main program is closed; resulting non-closing application from Sequencer's point-of-view?

br,

Kalle

Monday, November 3, 2008 9:34 AM
  • We are having this exact problem while trying to sequence anything. Quicktime and Foxit Reader tested so far.

We are using App-v 4.5 CU1 on a server 2008 machine and sequencing from an XP SP3 PC which is running on Hyper-V.

thanks
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

in the posts above there were severtal issues mentioned (Crashing Sequencer, Application having to be terminated) - so I kindly ask you to to open a new thread (ask a new question) with the issue you have

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, September 21, 2009 9:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:32 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:25 AM