none
Unable to capture sysprepped drive from VM

Question

• When going boot into my capture image in MDT I am unable to see my sysprepped drive. I am capturing from a Server 2012 VMware VM. I've taken snapshots immediately after the sysprep completes. The successful flag appears as it should however I can not get the drive to appear when attempting to capture.
    Friday, April 21, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>When going boot into my capture image in MDT I am unable to see my sysprepped drive. 

There are two common reasons for this problem:

1.The boot image does not contain the proper drivers for the computer’s hard disk drive controller. To troubleshoot this, when the Image Capture Wizard first starts, press SHIFT+F10 to open a command prompt. Run Diskpart, and then run list disk. Select each disk (for example, sel dis 0 and sel dis 1), and then type lis vol to list each volume. Ensure that the volume that contains the offline Sysprep image is viewable. If it is not, you need to add the driver for your mass-storage controller to Windows PE so that it can detect the local disk that contains the offline Sysprep image. 

2.The volume does not contain an image that was prepared using Sysprep.

Please try to run sysprep with Generalize check box  selected again.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 8:38 AM
  • The GUI version of sysprep on a VM appears to prefer the shutdown option. The quit option for whatever reason does not work. So, the solution was run sysprep with the shutdown option.

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing to us.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:09 AM