Windows 7 Change Password facility in the start menu? RRS feed

• Question

• I remember in Windows XP one could change their password by choosing "Start, Windows Security" and proceed to change their password , I am wondering if there is an equivalent method available in Windows 7, or is a change password only possible via an ctrl-alt-del? .  Also, I am refering to AD domain joined computers, so these are domain accounts, not local user acounts. Therefore the requirement is to have the ability to initiate a password change by choosing a link in the start menu or desktop. Please help.
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Based on my research, this method to change password in Windows 7 is by design. In Windows 7, there is no Windows Security like Windows XP in Start Menu.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, February 11, 2011 3:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by PhilC005 Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:48 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Based on my research, this method to change password in Windows 7 is by design. In Windows 7, there is no Windows Security like Windows XP in Start Menu.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Friday, February 11, 2011 3:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by PhilC005 Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:48 PM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 8:02 AM
  • you can press CRTL+ALT+DEL and you get an option to change the password.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, February 11, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Alex Zhao

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:48 AM
  • Thank-you, answer acepted
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:48 PM