Outlook 2019 Attachement Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed outlook 2019, and every time i receive an e-mail with an attachment, i can't open it. I can save and open the file, but double clicking the attachment gives the message "We can't open 'c:\outlook temp file path\any type of file'. It's possible the file is already open, or you don't have permission to open it. To check your permissions, right-click the file folder, then click Properties." 

I have looked everywhere for a solution. I have tried uninstalling outlook and re-installing. I have tried clearing and changing the temp folder where outlook stores its attachements, no luck with that. I have tried changing the attachment premissions in outlook.

Please can someone help with this??

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

>>but double clicking the attachment gives the message "We can't open 'c:\outlook temp file path\any type of file'.

If we right click the attachment and click Open, will the file be opened correctly?

Does it happen to all file types? Try checking your Windows file type associations.

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2019? Please install available updates to see the results. Refer to this link.

Besides, we can also try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, June 7, 2019 5:40 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:07 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Can you open the attachment now? I'm wondering if there are anything else I can do for you.

If the information is helpful, please mark it as answer. If you need further help, you can feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:30 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:30 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 6:57 AM