usb mobem driver RRS feed

• Question

•  

why can't i install a usb mobem driver on my computer it work on my old computer but it won't work on my new one.I have the Vista Home Premium edition can anyone help?????????????
    Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Generally, you may visit the manufacturer’s website or contact them directly for the driver designed for Windows Vista. If the driver for Windows Vista is not available, we recommend you to ask the manufacturer if they will release it.

If you find it difficult to check the compatibility information, please use the following website too:

Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List

https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

Alternatively, you may let me know the model of the modem and I will help you check it and seek available drivers.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Generally, you may visit the manufacturer’s website or contact them directly for the driver designed for Windows Vista. If the driver for Windows Vista is not available, we recommend you to ask the manufacturer if they will release it.

If you find it difficult to check the compatibility information, please use the following website too:

Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List

https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

Alternatively, you may let me know the model of the modem and I will help you check it and seek available drivers.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

I am using a Imate JAQ (pda) and tried connecting it to my HP Pavilion dv2309tu laptop rumming on Vista Home Premium Edition(32 bit), but it was asking for a USB driver, am able to connect it throught Bluetooth,

Ideally in XP my pda was detected by installing Active Sync, have installed Microsoft Mobile Device Center on the Laptop but it doesnot detect my pda.

Request if you could help me locate a USB driver for the same.

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:31 AM