OCS 2007 R2 Random Authentication Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have been experiencing odd issues where one of my seven frontend servers will all of a sudden stop authenticating users. The issue is fixed with a reboot and the other 6 servers continue to work fine. I ran some tracing during the last outage and this is what’s showing

The authentication authority is unavailable. Check connectivity to the KDC (Kerberos) or Domain Controller (NTLM).

We use NTLM and the server has a connection to the DC as I am able to login to the server and query AD etc. The issue isn't on a specific server as it has occurred on 4 different frontend servers over the last month.

The environment has the servers on one domain with disabled user accounts that are related to the actual user accounts on 10 other domains.

Anyone have any ideas why it would all of a sudden stop being able to authenticate only on one server? And why a reboot would fix it?

Edited for spelling

• Edited by Ngarre2 Friday, January 25, 2013 3:29 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have schema master server role available on local datacenter ? Are frontend servers installed in the root domain ? If not , how are they connected ?

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:52 AM