none
Windows 10 1903 boots to "getting ready" after taking image of the reference image RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to take an image of the reference image so I can apply to hardware both the reference image and the captured image boots to getting ready and just hangs there. I know it's due to the customization that we are trying to do but not sure how to find what exactly is causing this. For if I go through the process without the customization everything works fine.

The customizing we are trying to do is clean up the extra "stuff" that comes with Windows 10 like the bloatware. We created a script that does this and I have that part of the task sequence. I have also tried a couple scripts that I have found in MDT groups that do pretty much the same thing with the same results.

So are there settings that MDT requires when it goes through the sysprep that by cleaning the OS will cause it to crash? Should I be applying the clean up script during the deploying of the master image instead of the reference image? And lastly is there a way to find out what might be causing this in the first place so the script can be tweaked?

Thanks

Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:05 PM