win7 pro slow RRS feed

• Question

• I find some pcs with window7 very slow.

When I login in with a domain accout it will keep the screen "welcome" for very long time(I have waited for 2 hours).

I can only login in with local administrator account.

I find the network works that I can ping and visit websites but the netcard appears to the "read cross"(some pcs are "connecting circle")

I cannot open the netcard operation that when I right click the netcard it comes "no response" and also when I click the windows update from the control panel it comes to "no response".

What should I do?

Green Hand In Microsoft.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:22 AM

Answers

• Are the slow PC's connected to a domain? Was there any recent group policy updates on the domain? Do you do folder redirection? Any other details that you can supply?

when you login to the local administrator account, if you are on a domain and you recently made changes to group policy, such as folder redirection. open command promt > type gpupdate /force

if you are not in the situation described above, please provide more details :)

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

• Marked as answer by Kiy Wu Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Are the slow PC's connected to a domain? Was there any recent group policy updates on the domain? Do you do folder redirection? Any other details that you can supply?

when you login to the local administrator account, if you are on a domain and you recently made changes to group policy, such as folder redirection. open command promt > type gpupdate /force

if you are not in the situation described above, please provide more details :)

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

• Marked as answer by Kiy Wu Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Hi, Lewis

Yes, all the pcs are in domain.

There are not any group policy recently.

I find I cannot update the group policy that it keeps for a long time when I type the command "gpupdate /force". it still keeps that screen when I reply you.

Well, what do you think will be the reason, and what should I do to give you the details?

Green Hand In Microsoft.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:40 AM
  • What version of Windows Server are you using?

How many Domain Controls do you have?

Are you using Roaming Profiles? If so, how big are the profiles and do you delete their files after log in?

Is the log in issue with EVERY account, besides the local admin? Create a domain "test" account and let me know if the issue persists with that account.

Try Disabling IPv6 on the trouble PC's, if your server only uses IPv4.

Let's start with this information :)

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:21 PM