none
Project Web App - Internet Explorer crashed when accessing Project Site RRS feed

  • Question

  • I had created a project with Project Professional and sync it to my New Project Online Subscription. Upon Publishing I have created the project site. When accessing the project site, Internet Explorer would crash every time I clicked Task, Calendar, Risk, Deliverables and many more functions that I need to get my project going.

    I am starting to feel really frustrated and about to give up. I had search everywhere for an answer. My customer is pressing me to release the Project Website. I am not about to let them see a buggy system.

    I posted the same question over at Office 365 forum, Kerwin Yang ask me to try a different Browser and I did. Those functions work flawless in Chrome, Firefox and Opera. It crashed every time in Internet Explorer. But I cannot roll out the site as yet with these functions because there other stuff that won't work with other browser because they need silverlight. I need help urgently.

    Friday, February 19, 2016 2:18 AM

All replies

  • Hi AbZahri,

    1) Did you try accessing the site in some other machine using IExplorer?

    2) Repair the IExplorer. (Try Clearing the Internet Temp Files)


    -SNKBalaji

    Friday, February 19, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Dear Balaji,

    I have tried with 4 different Computer so far. On one computer it works flawlessly and it fail on the other computers. After searching all over the Internet one guy recommended to run iexplore.exe -extoff. And it works. Then I disable all my extensions and enable it one by one to test each addon. Guess what. The addons with the name "SharePoint Export Database Launcher" from Microsoft that were the culprits. One would not have guessed that this addon would be the cause of trouble. I disable it and the page works.

    Out of curiosity, I look at the computer where the app work by default. I notice it also have the same addon. Now, that is not right. But upon closer inspection I notice the one that works has architecture of 32-bit and the one that is not working have the version 32-bit and 64-bit. I look at the other computers they also have the same architecture.

    I think the 64 bit version is buggy.

    P/S: Repairing the IE doesn't fix the problem either. 

    Regards


    Friday, February 26, 2016 8:03 AM