Edge is reinstalled with updates September 2016 - I HATE YOU MICROSOFT RRS feed

• Question

• There is an entire thread or several of them about uninstalling Microsoft Edge.  I hated, hated, hated the Explorer and my computer crashed and had to be fixed to the tune of hundreds of dollars!  NOW they have SHOVED EDGE DOWN MY THROAT ALONG WITH WINDOWS 10.  You make me SICK Microsoft.  And I know when I sign in every day you get to track me!  

This is the LAST STRAW.  I managed to get that f....in blue e off of my screen before this.  NOW you shove it down my throat.  I suggest we all buy Apple stock, because guess what?  High price or not.

I AM DONE!

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Come to here with this attitude is not helping you. As Yannick Plavonil said,  It is not possible to uninstall Edge unless you hack it, that is not suggested. Even you have succeed in uninstalling edge using unsupported hacks, it will be installed again if any feature update installed, kindly notice that it is by designed. If you dislike Edge, you could just unpin it from taskbar and start as Yannick Plavonil suggested. Also, we could consider using Applocker to block Edge.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Why don't you just unpin it from taskbar and start. Then forget about it.

It is not possible to uninstall Edge unless you use unsupported hacks. You can choose any browsers of your choice and set it as default from the settings.

signatureforums

Monday, September 5, 2016 7:49 PM
  • Hi ,

Come to here with this attitude is not helping you. As Yannick Plavonil said,  It is not possible to uninstall Edge unless you hack it, that is not suggested. Even you have succeed in uninstalling edge using unsupported hacks, it will be installed again if any feature update installed, kindly notice that it is by designed. If you dislike Edge, you could just unpin it from taskbar and start as Yannick Plavonil suggested. Also, we could consider using Applocker to block Edge.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:15 AM