none
Creation of 2 DCs in same Domain but different network. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create two domain controller DC1 and DC2 in same domain ADDC.com , DC1 is primary DC and DC2 is secondary.

I want to create them in 2 different networks. All machines are Hyper-V VMs.

I want that the DC1 is connected to internal_switch1 and DC2 is connected to internal-switch2, but both are in same domain .

and the client machines will be connected to both the DCs.

please help me on that.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• It should not be a problem to do, just make sure that a route exists between the two networks and that any firewalls allow correct ports.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179442/how-to-configure-a-firewall-for-domains-and-trusts

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Abdul Majid Mohammed Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sneha30 Friday, August 9, 2019 12:37 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:44 PM
  • Sneha,

As long as the connectivity between the two VMs or networks are okay, it should not be a challenge at all.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:37 PM
  • Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Thanks @Daisy ,i've resolved the problem.

I've created two different subnets in both the DCs and same configured on the client machine.

so that's how the problem solved.

Regards,

Sneha.

Friday, August 9, 2019 12:36 PM