unable to send a mail RRS feed

• Question

• i have designed a work flow where i need to send a mail, i have used the action send email but was unable to do so.
    the same workflow is working fine in some other site but not in the current site which i was trying to use, what could be the possible reason?

thanks in advance,

sudha.

Friday, January 18, 2008 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you configured the outgoing email server in the central administration properly? It should be set before being able to send emails.

Mart.

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:25 PM
  •  

Did you recently install any custom actions?  I installed some actions a while back that allowed me to lookup user information.  After I activated the feature I was not able to send an e-mail because the workflow would not validate.  I deactivated and reactivated and it worked fine.

How far does your workflow get?  Does the workflow validate?

Friday, January 18, 2008 4:29 PM
  • i have configured the email settings, it was working fine intially while i started adding more and more actions, it stopped working

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:38 AM
  • i didn't install any custom actions but started adding more and more actions to the workflow which was working initially as a result it stopped working. I removed the workflow and created a new one but there wasn't any change.
    Monday, January 21, 2008 3:41 AM