none
Internal website gets redirected to external ip address website RRS feed

• Question

• We have several internal websites that will get redirected to an external website that is faked like it was hijack.  It comes and goes.  I check the DNS setting and it looks clean.  I check to make sure DNS pollution is enable.  I scan the DC for malware or viruses and came back with no issue.  The temporary fix is either restart the computer or run ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns.  I check the host file and nothing was change.  Has anyone experience this issue before?  It is weird that it does not affect everyone and it comes and goes. 
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Make sure no forwarding is set for unresolved queries on DNS server.

2. Remove root hints from DNS server if not required OR you can block DNS server forwarding   queries to Root Hint server by creating Root (.) Zone on you local DNS server.

3. If restarting a computer solves the problem, you can try disabling  'DNS Client' service on machine. Disabling 'DNS Client' will make machine send each DNS query to DNS server and will disable DNS cache.

4. Also verify that your internal DNS server is the only DNS server specified in TCP/IP configuration 
        of client machine.

Thank You.

Monday, March 15, 2010 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hey if this issues not common so you need to check hosts files in the effected machines may be you will find some fake records   

Friday, March 12, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

1. Make sure no forwarding is set for unresolved queries on DNS server.

2. Remove root hints from DNS server if not required OR you can block DNS server forwarding   queries to Root Hint server by creating Root (.) Zone on you local DNS server.

3. If restarting a computer solves the problem, you can try disabling  'DNS Client' service on machine. Disabling 'DNS Client' will make machine send each DNS query to DNS server and will disable DNS cache.

4. Also verify that your internal DNS server is the only DNS server specified in TCP/IP configuration 
        of client machine.

Thank You.

Monday, March 15, 2010 7:42 AM