none
My POSReady windows embedded v.1 unable to be seen in my network for Win 2008 R2 server RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all who can help,

i have a case that my client installs POS Win embedded V.1 at their site and uses Win Server 2008 R2 for their AV server. They said that they unable to see any PC running Win Embedded V.1 in Server 'My Network'. i already turn on network discovery for server and POS, disable all firewall, Same workgroup name but still unable to see in Server 'My Networks'. but ping and manually type ip/comp name, i can go in POS normally. even after successfully manually go in POS, in 'My Networks' still unable to see the POS. need help in resolving issue.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:06 AM

Answers

• It is difficult to tell from your post which version of our Point of Service operating system you are running, but I assume that it is either Windows Embedded for Point of Service 1.0 or its successor Windows Embedded POSReady 2009.  Both of these platforms are based on Windows XP kernel and will report themselves as Windows XP rather than something specific to Windows Embedded.  This could simply be a case where your client is expecting to see something different than the operating system reports, however it could also be that they do not have the  same network protocols installed on both the server and POS device.  Please check the network configuration to ensure both systems are using the same network protocols.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Monday, August 13, 2012 3:08 PM