What ever happened to the performance utility in 6.3? RRS feed

Answers

• KoryS,

It was likely removed to decrease the security attack surface area and increase security - this is just a guess as I know that 6.3 was moved through the Microsoft security and stability process where changes were made in these areas.  It may also have been removed due to other reasons.

ProClarity performance can be monitored via Perfmon by monitoring the IIS processes.  You can also monitor SSAS performance by monitoring those processes.

-Joey

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:40 PM

All replies

• KoryS,

It was likely removed to decrease the security attack surface area and increase security - this is just a guess as I know that 6.3 was moved through the Microsoft security and stability process where changes were made in these areas.  It may also have been removed due to other reasons.

ProClarity performance can be monitored via Perfmon by monitoring the IIS processes.  You can also monitor SSAS performance by monitoring those processes.

-Joey

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:40 PM
  • How can we specifically monitor PAS cache usage?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:06 PM
  • KoryS,

I'm not sure.  I'll ask some other engineers and respond if I find any helpful information.  What's going on that requires the monitoring of PAS cache usage?

-Joey

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:18 PM
  • Joey is correct, the perfstats.asp page was removed from 6.3 for security reasons.  However, the 6.2 version should work fine with 6.3, if you would like to use it.  It should be available in your 6.2 media.

Friday, February 1, 2008 11:27 PM