How do I change the default browser for Cortana? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to change the default search engine for Cortana to Internet Explorer.  Is this possible?

Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:43 PM

All replies

• You can try third-party open source app. https://www.howtogeek.com/226638/make-the-windows-10-start-menu-and-cortana-search-google-instead-of-bing/
    Sunday, June 25, 2017 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

We may need some coding tool to do so from GitHub.

Make Cortana Use Your Default Browser

1. Download EdgeDeflector to your local drive and run it once. It’s very lightweight and you won’t get an install wizard, just a see the hourglass icon display for a second.

1. Now when you use Cortana for your next web search, you’ll get a dialog box asking how you want to open the results. Select EdgeDeflector and make sure the box is checked to use always use it.

1. There you go! The search results will open up in whatever you have set as your default browser. In my case, it’s Google Chrome.

As the EdgeDeflector developer notes, you might need to take a couple of extra steps to get this to work. I installed this on a laptop running Windows 10 Creators Update and it worked without a hitch.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 26, 2017 6:31 AM