Excel add-in fails, when migrated from Office 2010 to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Excel addin works fine when there is MS-Office 2010 present machine.
    But fails to launch when we install Office 365. It throws an error saying "Registration of the following xll failed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appname\Excel\pipc32.xll"

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:29 AM

All replies

• Is it a virtualized add in that you are referring to?

Would request you to provide more information on if office is virtualized or not, what version of AppV, how you have sequenced & any other info.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:15 PM
  • Hi Vinodreddy

Yes. My application is a sequenced package and Office is locally installed.
    I am using AppV 5.0SP3.

My background check revels that this issue is something to do with VB Applications.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Seems that you sequenced the addin having office 2010 locally installed in the sequencer machine. Now, your client machines were upgraded to office 365 & the same addin failed to work. Am I right?

What way that you are using to access locally installed app from your virtualized addin? /appvve or RunVirtual or Created a separate shortcut.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:27 PM
  • You obviously sequenced the addin against office2010. Are you sure the addin works if installed natively next to office 365? If so, resequence but this time with office365 already installed on your sequencer. There is no guarantee a repackaged application (appv, msi, otherwise) will work if you upgrade the pre-req (in this case office).
    Also in this specific case, check the PIPC.INI in your package, are all settings still correct.

Roy Essers

Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:32 PM