Hierachies - Decomp Tree - Level Limits RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there are limits (actual software constraints rather than memory, performance...) to the number of levels you can display in a Proclarity Decomp Tree?  If not, does anyone know if SSAS is limited in the levels it can build out in a hierachy?

Here's my application. In call centres, a call call follow many "paths" or segments.   The number segments varies for each call.   I can develop dimensional table that considers each call and populates "level" attributes for each segment.  The number of level attribtes in my dimension would equal the maximum number of segments in my data (which could change but lets pretend it wont for now).

Monday, June 22, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hello Tim,

ProClarity doesn't set any software constraints that I am aware of (for the Decomp tree).  The levels should continue to appear as you drill into them, however you'll find you run out of real estate fairly quickly.

I'm not positive about SSAS - you might post that inquiry to the Analysis Services forum.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:22 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 10:09 PM

All replies

• Bump for thoughts!
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:47 PM
  • Hello Tim,

ProClarity doesn't set any software constraints that I am aware of (for the Decomp tree).  The levels should continue to appear as you drill into them, however you'll find you run out of real estate fairly quickly.

I'm not positive about SSAS - you might post that inquiry to the Analysis Services forum.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:22 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 10:09 PM