AppV 4.6 SP1: Issue with sequenced QuickBooks 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to sequence QuickBooks application and evertytime when I launch the main shortcut it shows opening QuickBooks and after 5 mins it'll shutdown without any error.

I've mentioned the script to start QBCFMonitorService as below,

<SCRIPT EVENT="LAUNCH" PROTECT="TRUE" TIMING="PRE" WAIT="TRUE" EXTERN="TRUE">
    <HREF>cmd /c start /wait cmd /c net start QBCFMonitorService</HREF>

While we launch the shortcut it shows a command prompt and later again one more command prompt with access is denied for a second.

Please help me with this. Thanks in Advance..

Monday, June 10, 2013 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try to toggle the TERMINATE CHILDREN to FALSE

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Hi Nicke,

The application is unable to launch and by default Terminate Children=False, right? I didn't changed any thing. I want the shortcut to launch

Thanks..

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:38 PM
  • The OSD should look like this instead:

<SCRIPT EVENT="LAUNCH" PROTECT="TRUE" TIMING="PRE" WAIT="TRUE" EXTERN="TRUE">
    <HREF>cmd /c net start QBCFMonitorService</HREF>

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

I've tried in the way you suggested and still the problem is same when ever i launch the shortcut it shows a window stating opening Quickbooks for a while and later on it'll shutdown without any error.

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

Here is my log file which states QBCFMonitorService failed to start,

[06/10/2013 20:03:09:647 ???? INF] {tid=12B8:usr=admin}
    An error occurred while opening the virtual registry (section: 9), rc: 07B01F0C-0000004A

[06/10/2013 20:03:09:678 ???? INF] {tid=12B8}
    An error occurred while opening the virtual registry (section: 9), rc: 07B01F0C-0000004A

[06/10/2013 20:03:09:709 VSCM INF] {tid=12B8}
    Starting automatic service 'QBCFMonitorService'.

[06/10/2013 20:03:09:990 VSCM INF] {tid=12B8}
    Starting automatic service 'QBVSS'.

[06/10/2013 20:03:10:318 SWAP INF] {hap=9:app=Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0 22.0.4004.2206:tid=12B8:usr=admin}
    Elapsed time for upload: 0.750 seconds

[06/10/2013 20:03:10:834 VSCM WRN] {tid=D68}
    Service 'QBCFMonitorService' failed to start. (rc 1AA01C2F-00000420)

[06/10/2013 20:03:10:850 OSDF INF] {hap=9:app=Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0 22.0.4004.2206:tid=12B8:usr=admin}
    Elapsed time for script cmd /c net start QBCFMonitorService: 0.468 seconds
    Script type: sync
    Script trigger time: pre-launch

[06/10/2013 20:03:10:990 SWAP INF] {hap=9:app=Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0 22.0.4004.2206:tid=12B8:usr=admin}
    Elapsed time for launch: 1.484 seconds

[06/10/2013 20:03:13:912 SWAP INF] {hap=9:app=Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0 22.0.4004.2206:tid=12B8:usr=admin}
    App shut down

Any suggestions?

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hello,

See this article for troubleshooting suggestions;

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chinmay_palei/archive/2012/05/14/appv-troubleshooting-demysitfied.aspx

Skip part 1 and go directly to 2 and 3

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hi,

I've sequenced this application sucessfully using Appv 4.6 SP1. Now I'm trying to do this using 5.0.

I've sequenced the application and now the issue is with the script.

As i'm new to 5.0 I donno where to add script in order to get the application work.

Here below is the script I used in OSD file,

<SCRIPT EVENT="LAUNCH" PROTECT="TRUE" TIMING="PRE" WAIT="TRUE" EXTERN="TRUE"> <HREF>cmd /c net start QBCFMonitorService</HREF>

Please let me know where I need to add this in deployment configuration.xml..

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Search and you shall find: http://blogs.technet.com/b/gladiatormsft/archive/2013/05/02/app-v-5-scripting-change.aspx

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

Could you please help me at this step as this is my first app and still need some guidance.

I intend tomake use of the below script to start the service.

<MachineScripts>

<PublishPackage>

<Path>cmd.exe</Path>

<Arguments>/c net start QBCFMonitorService </Arguments>

<Wait RollbackOnError="true" Timeout="30"/>

</PublishPackage>

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Your example there means that the service would only be started when the package is first published. Presumably this service needs to be started when the user starts the application.

Based on this diagram from the article I've linked to, you'd need this tied to StartProcess in UserConfig.xml:

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:24 PM
  • I've a question there will be lot of users who will make use of this package so if it is for every user then we need to make changes in the deploymentconfig.xml, right?

If it is only for certain users then we need to change in userconfig.xml

Am I wrong?

when I try to enable scripts in client it shows an error,

Set-AppvClientConfiguration : The 'Set-AppvClientConfiguration' command was found in the module 'AppvClient', but the module could not be 
    loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module AppvClient'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-AppvClientConfiguration -EnablePackageScripts $true
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Set-AppvClientConfiguration:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotAutoloadMatchingModule

Not sure, why?

Please let me know how to test the application?  As i've used 4.6 sp1 and I can install the msi or I can make use of SFTMIME ADD PACKAGE:xx /Manifest (path of Manifest)

I donno how to install it to test as we are using standalone packages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Hello,

Did you read the error message?

It states the following;

For more information, run 'Import-Module AppvClient'.

This indicates that you are attempting to execute an App-V PowerShell CMDlet that you have not imported

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:33 PM
  • When I Try to run Import-Module AppvClient, It shows the following error,

Import-Module : File C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization\Client\AppvClient\AppVClientCmdlets.psm1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For 
    more information, see about_Execution_Policies at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Import-Module AppvClient
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [Import-Module], PSSecurityException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:48 PM
  • Hello,

This is from the new error message;

cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For 
    more information, see about_Execution_Policies at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:21 PM