SharePoint WebDAV Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I have a site where users submit contracts which are approved by a our legal dept.

My question is I have been looking for a method for users to save directly into the "workflow folders" there are 3 of them. I have created a script which puts .lnk files in all of our users "My Network Places" these are fine to open, and drag stuff directly into which does kick off the workflow however we have a specific issue that affects all of our users on Windows XP using office 2007 where once they attempt to save a file into the shortcut nothing happens it simply blinks. I have seen this issue posted in a few places with no real soloution.  If anyone could think of a better way of doing this I would be very greatful.

Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Miggi03,

Windows XP includes the WebClient service that enables Windows-based programs (Like the Web Publishing Wizard) to create, access, and modify Internet-based files on Internet file servers using the WebDAV protocol.

In this case, you mentioned all users that are using Windows XP cannot use the WebDev protocol to update file. So, the issus seems to be caused by the WebClient service is not enabled.

Please enable the WebClient in all Windows XP clients to fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    Monday, August 1, 2011 12:55 PM