none
Odata keeps getting corrupted from time to time RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Everybody,

    I'm having a recurrent issue when I publish the projects of my company.

    The data pulled from OData gets corrupted for some projects once in a while. Its never the same project and once a project gets its Odata corrupted, schedule updated and republish doesn't fix the issue.

    The "Save for sharing" method do solve the problem for a given project (ref my previous post on this topic here). This method assume that the corrupted project has been identify. I can't simply crosscheck each project data once they get published.

    Do you know a permanent fix for this issue? or is there a way to force a complete rebuild of the published data?

    Thanks 


    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:01 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello,

    What do you mean by "OData gets corrupted"? Please provide as much detail as possible. If you are seeing data missing in the Task Timephased endpoint like the thread you linked to, a publish from Project Desktop should resolve it.

    Many thanks

    Paul


    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

    Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:06 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello Paul,

    I mean by corrupted that the data received from Odata is not the data I can read when I open the schedule in Project Desktop, and that the data in the different tables are not coherent (ref my other post where TaskTimephased data was not aligned with AssignmentTimephased data and it was more than 3 times higher than what was in the schedule).

    Simply publishing from Project Desktop never resolved this issue. Even if I change significantly the schedule (add multiple activities and assignment or progress the schedule), the issue gets carry over (the data change but remains wrong).

    I have to "save for sharing", save back to Project online and republish to get it fixed (this method corrected so far all the issue identified). - I guess this method force to rebuilt entirely the Odata of the project overwriting the previous one, whereas a simple publish may not work the same way - hence last question above.

    Since my first post, I experienced this issue with several projects, always with the same table being corrupted: TaskTimephased (a colleague mentioned that he had seen issue with the baseline table). It happens from time to time (I haven't found a pattern). I've currently put in place additional cross-check to our weekly procedure for our most sensitive projects. But it's not technically possible to do that with every project we have. So overall this issue makes our Portfolio reports unreliable.


    PS: Sorry I just realized I link the wrong thread in my first post. Here is the good one.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hello,

    If the full publish from Project Desktop doesn't resolve it for you then the only option will be to open a support ticket with Microsoft via the Office 365 tenant.

    Paul


    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:41 PM
    Moderator