your imap server wants to alert you to following RRS feed

• Question

• i want to stop this message coming every 3rd second

your imap server wants to alert you to following: Cannot  remove system folder

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:59 AM
    Monday, April 2, 2018 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, this issue is likely related with corrupted date file. Please try renaming the original ost files to check the result.

If there are any calendar, contacts,or tasks in the this computer only folder, please try to refer to this article to backup these items to a .pst file. Then please try the following steps:

1. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, click on the Data Files tab.
    2. Click on the IMAP email address in the list, Click on Open File Location.

3. Rename the .ost file to .old and start Outlook again.

A new file will be generated to sync with the server.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 5, 2018 12:18 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Please let me know if you have further concern about it.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm wondering whether the reply above is helpful to you.

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, April 9, 2018 1:10 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't heard from you for several days. Any updates?

If you have found the fix, it will be much appreciated that you can share it here so that it will benefit other members in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:19 AM