Problems opening XLS files from the network RRS feed

• Question

• Since reinstalling a workstation (Windows 7), the workstation has problems opening old Excel documents (XLS).

When an XLS from a shared folder is opened, Excel crashes and the workstation disconnects from the networkAfter a reboot, the network is restored. If the document is converted to a format XLSX, the problem does not occur. When I copy the document to the desktop, the document can be opened without problems. The problem occurs on one workstation.

We'r working in a SBS 2008 - Windows 7 - Office 2007 (SP2) environment.

Friday, October 22, 2010 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue is not related to Windows 7. In order to obtain proper information, I suggest you discuss in the following forum.

Excel IT Pro Discussions

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:27 AM

All replies

• Nobody?
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:43 PM
  • Hi,

This issue is not related to Windows 7. In order to obtain proper information, I suggest you discuss in the following forum.

Excel IT Pro Discussions

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:27 AM